View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoker6981 View Post
Also I was wondering if anyone else still has numbness in their neck? I was told that the feeling would eventually come back but from the inscision site all the way to my chin is still numb.
Hello Lee,,, I was also numb up to my chin for quite some time.. I'm can't recall how long though.. I would say easily 3-4 months..

I think that your adr is placed far enough back, to far off of center, that it throws off the dynamics of movement greatly. Looking as the side view, I can see that the spacing between your spinous process is a good bit larger than at the other levels. I think as you bend your head back the level where the adr is would lock up before it should stopping what should be natural movement at that level. When you bend forward, the forward part of the adr will touch and create a fulcrum that leverages on the vertebra above and below in a way that is not natural or good. Also by being placed to far back, it creates a new vertical center axis that creates issues when turning your head to the left or right. Ad in bending your head back and turning left or right or whatever I think would surely cause weird movement on your facets to... leveraging on them in a bad way.

Of course I'm not a doctor but in some ways, it is simple mechanics.

My Prodisc is also not perfectly placed. I gotta dig out my xrays and post up some for you to see. From a side view it looks like my adr is almost touching in the rear instead of being parallel in the prone position. I also get a fulcrum action going on when bending my head back. I think that quite possibly the surfaces of my vertebra were not properly surfaced so that once the disc was inserted the two endplates would sit parallel to each other. This might also be inherant of the prodisc being a ball and socket device. This is why I am concerned about how it would work out getting one in my lumbar spine.

I think I need to see more images of other folks that have the prodisc to see there are folks with ones that sit nice and parallel.

Ken
-'04-07 picked up cycling training and racing frequency
-upgraded to Semi-Pro MTB in '07
-Got hit by car from behind while on training ride in '07... Herniated C5-C6
-Got Prodisc-C in '08 @C5-C6
-Back to Racing in '10-'11, Raced Elite/Pro classes...
-2012 Major issues lower lumbar from wreck in '04...
-Dealing S1-L3 DDD.
-Pain,Limited activities, loosing sleep