Thread: New to the site
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Hi Dojo, sorry about the news. Generally speaking, disc troubles higher up in the lumbar are less common than L4-S1. But they ususally resolve on their own too -- if the herniation is not too severe.

You said things ruptured..that sounds troublesome indeed. Do you have the radiologist's report which describes your spine health in more detail? You'll need the reports -- with your digitial images on CD -- in your future travels & assessments.

ADR in the states is genrally indicated (by law and almighty insurance) for one level, at L4-L5-S1. Some patients have docs who have done 2 and three levels, but these docs are very familiar with the process to obtain "compassionate use" or "off-label" uses for the ProDisc, Charite, etc. Because of these limitations (and other reasons) many patients travel overseas and spend big $ on artificial disc replacement.

Please tell us a bit more about your spine and general health. As well, please insert a signaure when you can. Call or email when you can, I am here to help you!

Thanks for posting!
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate