Thread: New to the site
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 03:11 PM

Hello all,

My name is Dave and have being trying to live with and work though mild to moderate back pain with flare ups making life unbearable. In 2002, I had an accident weight lifting (squats) and was unable to walk for without pain for 2 weeks. After that I thought that the pain would have healed and life would have continued on with little problem. During the x-rays that followed the original injury the tech mentioned that things did not look right. I mentioned it to the doc and they found nothing in the reports fro the radiologist. Thing improved with a couple of flare ups in the next year or two. I was able to continue to run, play volleyball and golf. Over the past two years I have been getting progressively worse. I am unable to play any sports let alone bend over and hold a golf club or even brush my teeth comfortably. I have had multiple MRIs and Cat Scans and recently had a Discogram. I must have raised my pain tolerance because though the procedure sucked, the overall linger pain was no worse than what I put up with on a daily basis. The Discogram revealed a total rupture of L3-L4 with the positive results for S1-L4 and L2-L3. The biggest question is I have seen many studies and results for the lower discs but very little of the L3-4. I have been given the option for ADR or fusion but not sure which would be better? Any help would be appreciated.

Dave