View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 05:27 PM

Hi all,

I saw Dr. McAfee in Towson, MD today. He's supposedly done more ADR surgeries that anyone in the country - I'm lucky that his office is only 45 minutes from my house. The good news is that he said I'm the best candidate for ADR he's ever seen. He also said that since I was in such good shape otherwise I could probably go back to my sedentary job in less than a week after surgery!

The bad news, of course, is insurance. I have MAMSI, which his surgery scheduler said has been extremely uncooperative. I'm on a MAMSI health plan for Federal Employees, and I'm hopeful that it will make a difference - I know that federal employees have additional resources for appealing insurance denial decisions, and I'm crossing my fingers that they might be more liberal with their decision making in the hopes of keeping a member of a HUGE subscriber base happy. It also seems like the few people on this board that have been approved are government employees of some sort or other, but maybe that was just my imagination.

I've started a blog at http://mynewdisk.blogspot.com as well - I'll try to keep it updated as to my status as well.

Any insurance-related suggestions are highly appreciated.

-stan