View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 10:48 AM

Hi Stan,
I started seeing Dr. McAfee in March last year. I have heard that he has done the most ADR surgeries as well. I live in Florida and my doctor here suggested I see Dr. McAfee. Lucky for me I have family that lives in Maryland so it was convient for me. I saw Dr. McAfee again in December and he said I was a good candidate too for the ADR surgery. So I spoke with Carol and she set the surgery up for June 8th. Well my insurance denied my claim and Carol said she won't allow me to have the surgery done because of the expense. Well that's not for Carol to decide, I can pay out of pocket if I want. Anyway, ever since my insurance has denied my claim Dr. McAfee's office hasn't been very pleasant with me. It's like since my insurance isn't going to pay they are just going to brush me off. I have called them a few times to find out what I need to do to appeal the denial and they just keep telling me I need to call my insurance company and my insurance company keeps telling me it's the doctor's responsibility to do the appeal. I have CIGNA Open Access Plus through Orange County plubic schools, does that mean they might pay for me being a governemt employee?
6 epidurals, nerve block, discogram.
March 11, 2003 discetomy surgery
April 15, 2005- insurance denial. Starting the appeal process.