Thread: UHC = Stress
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 11:36 PM

Default UHC = Stress

My name is Becky. I live in Wisconsin and currently trying to fight UHC to approve ADR before the end of the year (2011).

I have been living in chronic back pain for about 7 years now. I have a single level DDD at L4-L5 and currently fighting with UHC to get them to approve ADR.

Today (9-12-2011) I had a conference call between UHC, myself and Lindstrom Advocacy I think it went pretty well, but who knows. They denied it a month ago because of being "experimental" and "un proven" I guess they also denied it because they stated that i have DDD in another disc and can't prove that L4-L5 is the cause of the pain. Well with out getting to in-depth L4-L5 is about 1/4 the normal size of the rest of the normal discs and they think that L5-S1 could be an issue because the MRI found a very small tear in that disc. (COME ON YOU LOOK AT THE MRI AND YOU CAN TELL WHICH ONE IS GIVING ME ISSUES!!!)

So we are fighting UHC and hoping to get it overturned so I can get ADR in November 2011. FINGERS CROSSED.

It floors me that being 30 years old, living with DDD for 7 years, living a healthy active lifestyle (Ive been involved in gymnastics for 16 years) the insurance company can say no to a procedure that more then 3 doctors have recommended would help maintain the quality of life.

ahhhhhh insurance is so stressful!

anyone have success with overturning a denial from UHC?
I have met my deductible for the year and really need to get this overturned by the end of the year!
MRI in 2011 more DDD and disc starting to bulge.
Fought UHC for 8 months and WON
October 31, 2011 IRO overturned UHC denial!
November 22, 2011 my spine got an upgrade.
(ProDisc-L) Best medical decision I have ever made

http://www.facebook.com/rebeccabille
my story: http://youtu.be/hT1jKmcOV8Y