View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 01:07 AM

CGR, Congratulations on your surgery with Dr. Blumenthal! I'm glad you are doing well and on the other side of the surgery. Thank you for taking the time to post about your surgery! NJ Gene plans on having surgery with him soon too. Dr. Blumenthal is a highly respected ADR doctor in the states. I have considered Dr. Blumenthal but, am in a wait and see mode right now until I get my MRIs. I do expect that the M6-C will be the better disc for me than the Mobi-C because of my older facet joints. However, I need to get the rest of my information and new MRIs to Dr. Zeegers in Europe to get his opinion before I make a decision on what I'm going to do. He has more experience than most surgeons in the world when it comes to ADR so, I value his opinion and analysis of my condition.

I would have to pay out of pocket to see Dr. Blumenthal and I would have to pay out of pocket if I go to Europe. I'll go where ever I think I will get the best outcome. Experience is a really important factor in my decision because if things go wrong during surgery, I want a surgeon who has hopefully seen it all. Surgeons seem to get married to using one manufacturer's disc or another so, finding someone who has experience with many of them and can give an unbiased opinion on what will fit best in the body is kind of a challenge. In Europe, they have more flexibility in making last minute disc changes based on anatomy. I have never heard about that in the states so far.

I may be in touch with you later Carolyn to ask you questions about TBI so, thanks for your input! I wish you the very best in your recovery.
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016