View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 09:32 PM

LBP re: the salivary hormone test. A kit was ordered by my doc and it came in the mail. Saliva was collected at 6am 12noon 6pm 10pm. The cortisol should be highest in the morning and dropping to be lowest at night. Mine were just sky high all the time.To test liver function, I had to abstain from caffeine and aspirin for 24 hours then take 2 caffeine tabs and 1 aspirin supplied in the kit before bed then collect a saliva and urine sample the next morning. These were all sent back to the lab and I saw my doc 2 weeks later for the results. Apparently my liver didn't process much of them at all.
I am borderline hypothyroid,several nodules in the thyroid (had a biopsy) have extreme muscle fatigue, insomnia, digestion problems and my hormones are all over the place. I personally think I have adrenal fatigue and/or a pituitary problem. As my naturopath said, " we keep treating the symptoms but not the cause". We just can't find the cause!
A lot of docs don't believe the salivary tests are very accurate and only go by blood test results, each to their own.
If you have some success please let me know.
PS. I only take half a Stilnox (Ambien). Because my body doesn't process drugs very well, a normal adult dose of anything is usually too much for me. I tried a Stilnox CR and within 5 mins I was staggering and went straight to sleep for 8 hours.
Maverick L4/5 Fusion L3/4
July 3 2006

Dynesys Stabilisation L4/5
Lt & Rt Facet Removal +Non-Bone Fusion L5/S1
May 26 2008