View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 06:46 PM

Red face New Here, 2 weeks until C5-6 C6-7 ADR

Hello All

I'm scheduled to have a two level ADR with the Mobi-C with Dr. Kim at UC Davis in Sacramento, California. I'm a bit nervous about the surgery, and would love to get feedback from all the folks here.

How I ended up needing this surgery is quite a story, but the short version is that 8 1/2 years ago, while working as a Fire Captain, I was turned into a human speed bump by the person we were sent to help. I was run down by this person because he was already on Felony probation, and wanted to get away before the police arrived at the scene. He punched one of my crew and ran me down in the process of fleeing, and was apprehended shortly thereafter by the police. He was sentenced to 8 years in prison, served 4, and was out before my Worker's Comp case was settled.

The herniated discs that resulted from this incident (among other injuries) have degraded dramatically since then, and I've tried every treatment I could find to mitigate the relentless pain, headaches, etc. These included epidurals, facet joint injections, trigger point injections, botox injections for migraines, Radio Frequency Ablation at C2 through C7 three times, physical therapy, occupational therapy, traction, chiropractic, acupuncture, and massage. I think that's everything, anyway. I went to see Dr. Kim in April of this year, and he agreed that I was a candidate for a two level replacement. I expected a huge battle with Worker's Comp, but by some miracle they approved the procedure on the first request! So, I'm two weeks out, and would love any advice that anyone has to share, particularly if anyone has had experience with Dr. Kim and the UC Davis Spine Center.