View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 02:18 PM

Default What do you think of surgeons comments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirisuchina View Post
--the surgeon popped them in and I was good to go
I look forward to the day I can refer to terrifying surgery like this! Its a good thing though, thanks for that.

Truth is at least for now I can manage discomfort wise but I just can't imagine this as my "new normal".

I have been told the following by spine surgeons, what do you think of this advice?

- Cervical surgery is best done sooner than later. Best within 6 months, for sure within 2 yrs and if wait 5 yrs may not be eligible for ADR's. Best results are for patients with more arm pain than neck pain. Neck pain usually doesnt improve, have surgery before nerve damage. Surgery for me is inevitable.

- Degeneration eventually stabilizes so if you can live with modified activites, the pain will get better. Surgery is risky and should be avoided at all costs because their is an inherent wild card with surgery and you may be worse off after surgery. Your odometer has "run out" and you should adjust your life style to avoid any physical stressors. No running, climbing, cycling etc.

I am puzzled by the contrast in opinions.

Best, Runner

2016 - C5/6, C6/7; Disc extrusions, osteophytes, radiculopathy. Left side only.

Clinging to the fantasy this will resolve spontaneously on its own.

2017 - Gave up on the dream. 2-level C5/6 & C6/7 Signus Rotaio ADR 15Nov17