Thread: newbie here
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 08:59 AM

Pat-

So sorry to hear of your neck problems. I hate when I hear of other who text, or make cell phone calls, or drink when they drive, and just don't care about anyone else on the road.
Yet now that it is about 18 months later, and you were right to start with conservative therapies and see how you did. I guess now it's surgery time.

You'll get many suggestions from all the helpful people on this forum, so here is mine:

If at all possible and you will consider it, there is an excellent doctor up in your area at Yale Medical in New Haven named Dr James Yue (James Yue, MD: Yale Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation | Clinical Faculty: James Yue, MD). He is one of the best ADR surgeons up in the northeast. I don't think he does the M6 (I think that's just Europe now, but I may be wrong), but he has so much experience with Spine issues, ADR, etc... Do research on him, see others posts, etc .. and you'll see. I'm just thinking what I would do if I were up there. There is also a great Doctor in NY named Dr Fabien Bitan out of Lenox Hill Hospital (or the Hospital for Special Surgery), and he is also one of the best for ADR and Spine issues. I would want to go see the best I could to get the best counsel/advice, recommendations and treatment. Dr Yue is so close to you and having the best diagnosis beforehand is so critical.

Anyway, I wish you the best and I am sure others will post and give you great feedback!

Ken