View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 12:05 PM

If it wasn't for my 9/10 pain today & nausea, I would be alot happier, but I finally got approval! I got a call from the nurse at work who said she was sending Liberty Mutual's approval letter to Dr. Goldstein. Dr. Goldstein's coordinator then called me soon after and she sounded more excited than me! (she knows what I've been through the past 3 years) Liberty Mutual wanted more information from Dr. Goldstein why he prefers the Prodisc over the Charite and made him write a second letter about his opinions on it.

So as of this moment, I have approval for Prodisc surgery at NYU. I hope they don't pull the rug out from under me since I will be calling Mr. Mitzner to fly in, scrub up, take notes, & give support. I'll be also be making alot of other arrangements as well so I will remain cautiously optomistic although I feel all the fighting I did was worth it and I can now sit back and take a deep breath.

I go to Florida for vacation in 5 days and then hope to have surgery right after that. I'm taking the train so I can lay down whenever I want. This should be my last vacation in pain. That's a happy thought.

Whoooohooooo!!!!
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1 tear)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC