View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 04:41 PM

Penny, I'm in a similar boat (age, area of problems). Sorry to find you floating with me! Sounds like you are having more problems with daily life than I do, so sorry about that too. Feel free to read through my blog listed below for my personal experience with choosing a surgeon. I have prices, things they said, links, etc. that might apply to you since we're both crummy lumbar people. It has taken me about 6 months to reach a decision, after my initial insurance denial that propelled me into really investigating other options. I have been actively pursing conservative treatments for about a year and a half, and am now scheduled for surgery in the fall with a surgeon I feel very good about. It's a long process if you want to feel educated and confident on this particular subject in this country. I am actually glad I didn't get approval for my local surgeon to perform the original Charite procedure due to his lack of experience. With his great reputation for other surgeries, I would have never questioned his abilities to perform ADR without the research I've done. I spent hours every day reading through this website and doing further internet research. I've only recently cut back on the time I spend (probably much to the liking of all the people I chronically replied to!)
Good luck with your process!
http://healthyback2011.blogspot.com/