View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 04:16 PM

Default Considering ADR Lumbar

I'm both thankful and fearful now that I've stumbled upon this forum. Reading all the stories provide both hope and fear, but this seems to be the best place to help research surgeons and outcomes.

A little history... I've had "pulled" back problems for many years after hard weekend Lowe's warrior type stuff until the spring of 2009 when it didn't get better after a week. Went through PT; tried injections; eventually had micro discectomy when I started losing feeling in my right foot.

That provided relief until New Year's eve, 2012. It let go again drying my toes after a shower, herniated L5/S1 again, but on the left side this time. Same treatment regimen as last time - PT, injections, surgery.

Herniated right side of L4/5 in January 2014. Same treatment ending in micro discetomy in October of 2014.

Well, I've done it again - herniated the L4/5 disc on the right side again. Images show DDD up to L3/4 so far. For this reason I'm considering ADR. My local doctor mentioned Stenum and London. I've submitted paperwork to Stenum. I'm 41 years old and am certain a 2-level fusion will have me back in the hospital for the same problem sooner rather than later. I'm reading up on other surgeons through this site trying to pick the best option. Any feedback you can give would be great!

3 micro discectomies since

Lumbar DDD at L3-S1

Young children, so quality of life is important.