View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 09:48 AM

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, so I've already pretty much ruled Stenum out. I initiated contact with Clavel and plan to do so also with Zeegers and Bierstedt. The UK would certainly be an option as well.

I would LOVE to have a hybrid done in the US. I'm fairly confident I could get insurance to cover it. However, I'm a bit hesitant in using the ProDisc since it provides no shock absorption. Motion isn't as critical at these 2 levels. But, with degeneration already occurring at L3/4 I feel it's important to maintain the shock absorption as much as possible. I'd be willing to wait a little longer if the Activ-L is approved this year as has been suggested.

Jeff - The 455 was actually in a '65 GTO. It belonged to my dad, I brought it down here to do some body work and painting, and now he's got it back. He bought the car when I was a kid and I just latched onto the torque. He recently moved to a new house a little closer and, once he's settled in, we plan to finish the car. I'm trying to talk him into putting an LS motor from a late-model GTO. The Olds actually served in a project my F-I-L worked on for a little while - a '74 Saab Sonnet that was heavily modified. It was a FREAK!

3 micro discectomies since

Lumbar DDD at L3-S1

Young children, so quality of life is important.