View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 11:20 PM

Wink Second opinions, and third, and fourth.....

Hi Lillyth,
I am wishing you all my best on your upcoming surgery with Dr. Clavel. I have been researching the forum and all my options both in US and in Europe too. I have been very discouraged with several visits with docs here in US. I Was misdiagnosed by Cleveland Clinic and Duke hospitals. In fact the Cleveland doc wouldn't even order an MRI because I didn't fit his criteria!! His advice was to do inversion yoga for my "arthritis". Good thing I didn't listen and sought another opinion. I saw a great private doc in Toledo Dr Leo Clark who detected clonus and found C4/5 and C5/6 with posterior herniation with some cord flattening. I tried to heal without surgery for past year but am getting worse and now have an intermittent Hoffmans and upper extremity weakness. I saw Dr Schuler (who was awesome and had great PA) at Virginia Spine institute in Reston Virginia who offered me a hybrid with fusion and the Bryan disc. Not sure if insurance would cover it though. I would try to hold out for Mobi C but I am nickel sensitive.
Funny thing is I also saw a couple docs here that didn't even take my boots off to examine me!!! Arghh! I am so frustrated with my various opinions here. It seems Dr. Clavel is very well thought of by his patients and your posts have been very helpful. Please keep me posted. I have briefly communicated with laid up doc who said Clavel and the hospital were great. I wish you a safe trip and hope you are able to enjoy Barcelona without overdoing it.