View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 05:17 PM

Well, I just had my second Skype (and a zillion emails) with Dr. Rischke. We're going to do the surgery in Hamburg at a place he states is rated in the top 10 of 2000 centers in Germany. His rate for a 3-level ADR using the LP-ESP, as well as a posterior dynamic fixation using the best carbon-fiber technology with articulating screws (an important consideration for longevity) is E45,000. The clinic cost & parts is what I'm waiting for, but probably circa E20,000. I definitely appreciate the fact Dr. Rischke writes back reliably, although often via cell phone hence some confusion possible, and that he's conversant and patient via phonecon. I was learning toward Dr. Bertagnoli with a much more expensive plan, but am a little put-off by the Pro-Disc and difficulty in getting any answers from him or the clinic at Bogen. One is forced to deal with Tim Vicknair who, while according to some is a great person, in my experience, has been difficult and very impersonal or even rude and uninvolved. The tentative date is for the last week of March 2018 with a 1-week stay in the hospital and two-week stay in the area. Dr. Rischke asked for this because he too will be in the area until 13 April when he has to leave for a conference in Toronto, Canada.

I feel good about this, or at least as good as my nerves will leave me, and I genuinely like the guy. His explanations were on point and he seems up-to-date with the research and techniques as well!