Thread: Medtronic
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 03:08 PM

Nuts, I contacted the Canadian rep and she would not give me any information, in case she was perceived as 'promoting' their product. I harassed her a bit, explaining that I was trying to save some time for my surgeon, who she said she would talk to, or that I should talk to.

She eventually called back and said there is 'some' nickel in the Maverick. Would not give me any more details, which I found very frustrating. I explained that Maverick was my first choice, but since I could not get specific information, I would have to eliminate them from my list. Since I have five bad levels, and probably more over the coming years, they are losing out on some business.

And that's not including what I pass along to others.

Oh well.

L4/5/S1- Mod. narrowing, bulging disc, significant hypertrophy of flava lig.

Highly allergic to all metals.

NEW: 3/16/2010: Successful surgery in Brazil w. Dr. Pimenta; Nuvasive NeoDisc at C5/6, and XLIF & ALIF at L4/5/S1 w. PEEK cages. No rods, screws, plates. Non-metal lumbar ADR not available at present time, so went with fusion.