View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 01:28 PM

My doctor was trained in Norway, and eventually came to Canada so I think she's more open minded about possible treatments. We'll see.

With Manitoba Health, I want to at least find out for myself what their feedback is. Somewhere during my online searches, I found a report that stated this (ADR) is a procedure covered by Manitoba Health, but there were no references so to me that doesn't hold much water. Thanks for the tip on the tax break, hadn't thought of that one.

At this point I recognize that this procedure will most likely be 100% out of pocket and with recent exchange rate changes will be in the 50k range. But if there's anything I can do to lessen that burden I'll give it a shot.

Boris, thanks for the offer to introduce me to other patients. As I continue my research I will take you up on that offer.

How far ahead do the doctors in Germany book? Do I have to make the decision weeks ahead or months? I would be targeting to have the surgery done this fall, Sept/Oct based on work/life commitments already in place.
More physio, provides relief but not solution
March 2014 - ADR research in earnest begins