View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 10:32 PM

Webster, thanks for getting this started.
The reason given from my insurance company is as follows: That regulations and program policies restrict benefits to those devices, treatments, or procedures for which the safety and efficacy have been proven to be comparable or superior to conventional therapies. Any device, medical treatment, or procedure whose safety and efficacy has not been established is unproven and is excluded from coverage. I spent one hour on the phone with the insurance company on friday to get their defination of UNPROVEN, and no one could give me that information. I feel like i'm running in a circle and everyone has a stick and they are taking turns hitting me. I went to the hospitals medial libiary and pulled a bunch of info. One thing that needs to be in the letter is the cost of meds. I take Avinva 120 mg at a cost of $507.69 a month, we need to put in the average cost of meds. I have a friend that works at a pharmacy if I get a list of meds from everyone I could get the price for all of the different meds. I'm not working so if there is anything that needs to be done in the way of research or anything at all just let me know.