View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 02:11 PM

Post Autoimmune disease after Prodisc-C at c6/7

I am a 45 year old female suffering from autoimmune disease after my Prodisc C at c6/7.

This is long but I would like to know if any other ADR patients suffer from autoimmune disease after disc replacement or if there is any information about ADR and Autoimmune disease.

In may 2011 MRI showed 4.4 mm right disc extrusion @ c4/5. Bulge left @ c5/c6. Left extrusion w/ ventral cord compression & severe nerve encroachment c6/C7. The nerve pain was excrutiating, radiating down my left arm and tingling in my thumb, forefinger and middle finger. It felt as if I had nearly 100% lack of use. I was limited in being able to twist my hand, push or support any weight with my left arm.

In Oct 2011 I had ADR Prodisc-C Surgery at c6/c7. The surgery went great! I was able to turn my head and the pain was mild. My arm pain reduced.

I was having a lot of left shoulder pain and intermittent tingling in the left arm so in Feb 2012 I had an EMG/NCS. The findings were consistent with C7 Radiculopathy resulting in left tricep reduction at 50%. Reduction 75% Pronator Teres, 75% reduction Anconeus.

I had started having weird whitening of my hands, a lot of joint pains and Hospitization due to GERD. I thought I should see my primary Dr. From there I was referred to an arthritis Dr. who I saw in May of 2012.

Mixed connective Tissue Disease (MCTD) I had a positive ANA & RNP. I also showed several symptoms of Sjogrens. I currently take medication for RA/Lupus and Sjogrens.

I had continued pain in the Left shoulder and it was suspected that when I fell and injured my neck that I may have also injured my shoulder. My MRI on my shoulder did not show any sure signs of injury. We did shoulder injection that offered temporary relief so the Dr. believed that I was a good candidate for surgery. On 6/12 I had my shoulder surgery where a bone spur and Synovitis debris were removed.

I started PT and was put into a work conditioning program. The PT therapists had me doing a lot of strenuous activity including a crab walk that I would collapse on from the weak left arm. My strength is slowly improving but the strenuous activity would put me out of commission for a couple days at a time. I would end up with severe shoulder, neck and elbow pains. I suffer these pains anyway but not to the severity as when I am in PT.

My RA Doctor just recently put me on a nerve medication to help with the constant pain.

I would love to connect with other patients that are having difficulty with ADR.
45yr female -may 2011 MRI showed 4.4 mm right disc extrusion @ c4/5. Bulge left @ c5/c6. Left extrusion w/ ventral cord compression & severe nerve encroachment c6/C7. Oct 2011 ADR Prodisc-C Surgery at c6/c7. April 2012 left tricep damage 50%. Left shoulder surgery 6/12 - developed Autoimmune disease after disc replacement.