View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss View Post
Doculot,

Sincere condolences on your new condition.

To my knowledge there is no known connection between ADR and the onset of an autoimmune disease. There has been at least one poster on this site that discovered she had multiple sclerosis after a successful ADR surgery. The cause of MS is (I believe) unknown, but it is known to be an immune-mediated disease. The aforementioned poster, tumblebug, has not continued on this site, but has responded to PM's; and may respond if you want to contact her.

Good luck, Jeff
Actually, there IS. Not ADR Specifically, but surgeries and trauma. Depending on your point of view, some docs believe there is only one auto immune disease, it simply manifests differently in different people. I'm not sure that I believe it, but I am also not sure I don't

40% of the entire population has the gene for celiac disease. If you have that gene, you may go your entire life without it never being turned on. However, the three most common triggers for turning that gene on are childbirth, auto accidents, and SURGERY. Any type of surgery.

I swear I will not start going around telling *everyone* on here they have celiac (since I just suggested Emilio get tested), but the rapid onset of auto immune disorder right after surgery suggests celiac. Mane people with one auto immune disease find out that they get significant relief from going gluten free, so you could always try it and see. I am always happy to help on this topic. I may have months worth of date on spine stuff, but I have nearly a decade on celiac.
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.