View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 06:05 PM

Default Upstate NYnew here...

Well everyone has their story....so here goes. I had an incident with my son this winter while kissing my buddy goodbye. He proceded to jerk backwards fooling around and something happened and I knew it was not good. I was not in excruciating pain right away..it developed over the next week. Got worse then got better with PT then proceded to get worse again. I am now started injections and the word discectomy was brought up in my last appointment.

My questions being...is it even worth it to get a discectomy? Most of my symptoms are lower back burning pain especially, especially with continued sitting or standing. when it gets further irritated then it starts down the thighs. I am wondering for predominantly lower back symptoms for the most severe pain if discectomy will take care of that pain? Will having a previous discectomy make it less likely for a successful ADR? And...does anyone know of any good surgeons in Upstate NY?

-Accident with my son Feb 2010 jerking me forward whlie kissing him goodbye.
-March 2010 MRI confirmed two disc herniations, one at L2-3 and a larger one at L4-5 with annular fissuring.
-six months PT, started injections, EMG coming up next week.