Thread: Charite removal
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 10:00 PM

Axeman,

Assuming fusion would have been better...I don't understand the premise that you must get the charite out in order to get fusion. I'm not sure that you can't have a fusion with the charite in. Can't the charite device just take the place of some other fusion device (cage/ring etc) to separate the vetebrae while they fuse everything stiff around it? I thought I read in some literature that when there's a failed ADR, sometimes the ADR device stays in place and fusion is performed. While it doesn't sound like you have a failed device but rather you were not an ideal ADR candidate, maybe the same approach is appropriate.

But have you read up on the people that have not had successful ADR results because they had facet issues that were not properly dx/exhausted before trying ADR.

For example, what's the latest with djscal...didn't he discover facet issues after having ADR and not getting relief from ADR? I think you should be reading his post-surgery recovery info...it looks like he been dealing with Dr. Regan, and has since consulted with Dr. Zeegers and is considering facet joint surgery????

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop