View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 09:25 PM

Thanks for the info. Harrison. I'll be sure to look into it!

My colonoscopy was normal and I don't have any obstructions of the bowl, which is good. So now they have ruled everything else out.
I talked to the General Surgeon and he says I have the classic symptoms of abdominal adhesion. (Constant dull ache, nausea, increased symptoms with movement, frequent urination) They tell me that the only way to be sure that the problem is adhesions is to do laparoscopy and if adhesions are found, cut them. So the diagnosis is also the treatment. The surgery is low-risk and works about 50% of the time. Gotta love those odds! Also, there are no guarantees that the adhesions won’t grow right back, so some people end up having this surgery every few years.
Don’t worry; before I go under any knifes I’m getting a 2nd and 3rd opinion. The problem is I am in a lot of pain and am now taking vicoden; it hurts badly when I try to do my PT and move around. I’m running to the bathroom all the time and feel like I’m going to throw up half the day. (no , I’m not pregnant!) so, it’s getting old….
Since I’m already 14 months post-op do you think Thai Chi or massage would work at this point? Just curious…..When the doctors even touch my lower abdominal region I nearly toss my cookies, I don’t know if I could manage massage….
FYI – for those of you who have just had or are considering ADR, please don’t let this deter you. I’ve had 2 surgeries in my lower abdomen in less than 3 years in addition to ADR. Even if I have to have this additional surgery, I would have the ADR 10x’s over.
ADR L5/S1 May 17th 2006 w/Dr. Bitan
http://adrrecovery.blogspot.com/
Doing GREAT and feeling very lucky!