View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Thank you all. Karin, the videos that will be made are intended to be key resources for patients. So, the real question is – what do patients need to know to help make decisions about how to get better?! We all have ideas about this – and they are all good! The trick is to how to aggregate and edit them into an accessible DVD. And we have (most) of this figured out.

Of course, there are millions of things to ask, assimilate, question and learn about before making decisions.

That said, the general themes are generally these areas:

1. Insurance appeals (need I say more?).
2. Lessons learned during the entire process (info gathering, doctors visits, choosing doctors, choosing the “hardware,” etc.).
3. Your top advice for other patients, e.g., “if I were to do this over again…”
4. Problem-solving ideas and resources for patients, both pre and post-operatively; e.g. resolving pain syndromes, tips for post-op recovery (exercise, stretching, massage, diet, etc.).
5. Your opinion. Patients have so much to say that is unsaid – even on this forum. I’d like to allot some time for each individual to shine through with their say about whatever they wish to share or convey to the global audience of patients.

As we are in now in the age of youtube (even our government officials understand this, for better or for worse ), I was wondering if people would want to produce their own videos and send them to me for this project. If I hear positive responses from patients, I’ll plan out the details and make the next steps happen.

Karin, thanks for asking and caring. And BTW: Poughkeepsie aint that far from Boston!
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate