View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 09:00 PM

Thumbs up my two cents!

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear of your pain. I can't speak of neck pain but I did just have a double fusion for back pain. All that I can advise is this...

There are no garuntees that you will be pain free after surgery. You can have some pain forever just from the scar tissue that will set in. You have to trade pain that interferes with your life for pain that is mild and liveable. You may be lucky and have no pain but I think those that expect perfection will always be dissatisfied with any outcome. For me, my pain is gone and I feel amazing.

As far as fusion or ADR...I have been told by my doctor that if you have an unstable spine then ADR may not work. As long as your spine is strong, straight and you are only having disc and nerve problems then ADR is appropriate. My spine was crooked and unstable so I had to opt for fusion. I have read that cervical ADR is more successful then lumbar ADR, so that is good news for you!

I say wait for surgery until you absolutely can't live your everyday life. You will know whene enough is enough and if you don't know that now then maybe it's not time. Only you can tell!

Best of luck....hope some of that helped!

tazdell
tons of conservative treatment...
DDD...
Epidurals, felt better, playing tennis again...
car accident 2008 that tore a disc and collapsed spine...
Denied ADR twice by blue cross....
Double fusion L3-4 and L4-5 Sept. 29 2008.