View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 01:47 PM

Tammi,

Back when I was pursuing reimbursement from BCBS, this was one of the avenues that I researched. Almost every lawsuit I found against BCBS had to do with anit-trust. I found a few large class action lawsuits filed by large entities, like cities, states or doctors. I didn't find individuals filing lawsuits. Plus, BCBS had placed in the service contract of my policy a great many aces-in-the-hole that gave them unilateral power to deny anything that fell into a grey area. Because it didn't look promising, I didn't pursue the issue even as far as consulting an attorney.

Here is an a lawsuit against BCBS that smells a lot like yours; but it is a huge class action suit (unlike yours) and I don't think it will be of much help (or encouragement).

Another poster on this board finally convinced her husband of the merits of an overseas lumbar ADR with Dr Boeree; and today she is surfing, dancing, etc... She explained to him that it would be cheaper to fix her than to trade her for an undamaged model. She was only joking with him (I think).

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011