View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 11:24 AM

Hello Doc, thank you for your guidance. I'm heading to a Dr appt now, but will answer your questions when I return. This is also great guidance, and may lead me to some answers. In addition, ML thank you for your similar suggestions. I'll post replies for all to see incase some else has similar questions.

I'm feeling apprehension b/c I'm really not sure it's time for ADR, unless this pain is truly caused by the DDD. I do see on my mri where the L5/S1 disc is completely desicatted and he discogram was truly concordant with the pain, but MRI states: L4/L5 Bilateral Facet hypertrophy. Right foraminal disc protrusion, not contacting the existing nerve root. no significant stenosis. L5/S1 left paracentral and left foraminal disc protrusion, mildly encroaching upon the under surface of the left neural foramen. No significant central of foraminal stenosis. I don't fully understand the dept of Facet Hypertrophy yet, but will research online.

As you may be aware the discogram is an excruciating procedeure; I recall a level of concordant pain experience at L4/L5 level as well. Not as much as L5, but L4 pain was about a 7+ pain level vs at L5 I attempted to jump of the table it was SOOO bad- i was in tears and could not sit afterwards the pain was so sharpe.

At this point, I'll post further when I return (just in case someone else is in the same inquiry) regarding the type of injections administered earlier this yr.

Often I lose site of what worked and what didn't b/c of struggling with upper and lower spine pain, I do appreciate ALL of the guidance. This is truly a great community!
‘10 Lumbar pain retnd worse. DDD L5/S1, sm disc protru, annular tears, L4-5 mild facet,L5/S1-Injections min relief.
Dec 2011 Prodisc L/5 S/1 Dr. Blumenthal