View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 09:56 PM

Default Ritter-Lang and Stenum vs. Bertagnoli/M6 vs Activ-L

As I continue to research, the waters seem to get muddier and muddier. Has anyone had a good outcome with Ritter-Lang? It seems that the bad reviews are older posts. Is there anyone that has recently utilized him? How was the experience/outcome?

Then I move to Bertagnoli - he sounds like a brilliant surgeon with tons and tons of experience. However, he is using the prodisc L. This is even behind the US approval of Activ-L. I realize that he holds the patent for the prodisc, but am wondering why he wouldn't be utilizing the newer FDA device?

Finally, the endless research on M6-L vs. a disc that does not need to be placed with cutting into the spine for placement. Although the activ-L is semi-constrained, it is looking like it might be a better option than the less constrained M6-L. ADR surgery at L5/S1 looks as though it is a much more difficult decision.

I am a researched based person who holds a masters degree and this is absolutely driving me crazy. I would appreciate any clarification anyone has.
1/16/2017 - Cervical Radiofrequency Lesioning
3/15/2017 - Dr. Pablo Clavel: Cervical Disc Revision C5/C6 (M6-C) and Lumbar Disc Replacement (M6-L)