View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 06:02 PM

Default Bierstedt, Clavel, Ritter-Lang, Bertagnoli, Zeegers - Reached out Individually

I have done a ton of research and been able to compile what I have learned about each of the surgeons listed above:

Ritter-Lang - I have completely taken him off of my list. His surgery prediction is one hour and I have read many many negative reviews. His assistant for the US is very persistent and calls to check in. His quote was great, but it sounds more like an assembly line. He implants the M6-L.

Zeegers - He sounds like an amazing surgeon and spoke to me on the phone after I put in a request for him to review my medical records. I keep reading reviews that he provides the "perfect diagnosis." However, many individuals have lost money and never received his evaluation. He sounds brilliant, but I refuse to be out $1000 and not get a timely response. He implants the ActivL.

Bertagnoli - I have also removed him from my list of potential surgeons. He developed the prodisc-L. When I inquired if he would be willing to implant the Activ-L, he said he would, but has strong reservations regarding this disc. Then I received a voicemail from his US assistant stating that ActivL basically stole his design and they are extremely similar.

That narrows it down to Bierstedt and Clavel. Bierstedt's pricing is great and he is more than willing to implant the ActivL instead of the M6. His post-op treatments are amazing and I have read great success stories. Clavel's last response was that he really prefers the M6-L and never answered me as to whether he would implant the ActivL.

So here is something scary I have learned from all of my overseas evaluations:

I had an evaluation completed by James Yue for ActivL and Rolando Garcia for ActivL. They co-developed the disc together. Both said that I look like a good candidate, but did bring up the concern that I have had 2 c-sections and a hysterectomy, which can make the anterior approach much more difficult. These procedures were listed on all of my evaluations for Germany/Spain and not one of them mentioned any possible complications due to these prior surgeries. I have e-mailed them each back again ask their perspectives.

For now, my number 1 option is Dr. Rolando Garcia in Miami Florida to perform a lumbar disc replacement with the ActivL at L5/S1. I am most impressed with his research, his experience, and expertise! Dr. Garcia also talked about M6 failures that have occurred in the lumbar region, where the artificial disc has actually failed.
1/16/2017 - Cervical Radiofrequency Lesioning
3/15/2017 - Dr. Pablo Clavel: Cervical Disc Revision C5/C6 (M6-C) and Lumbar Disc Replacement (M6-L)