View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 09:45 AM

Hi everyone. Just thought I would post a quick update.

The bone scans came back negative for any facet or joint issues, or any small fractures. Basically, my situation has not improved. Still unable to walk without crutches, and had a pretty tough time of it with flareups etc.

I saw my neurosurgeon again this week and we have decided to go ahead with the surgery. He is a really great guy and I have absolute faith and confidence in him. After making the decision, it is like the weight of the world had lifted from me. I am now so relieved and happy to be on the other side of the decision-making process. I have done the best I could, and now there will be a timeline for my recovery and a chance at complete recovery. I am excited about the prospect of walking again without crutches too, having been on them for 8 months. To be able to go for walks and sit for longer than a few minutes would be awesome too. There is so much of my lost life that I am so excited to reclaim!

I'll post in the surgical outcome forums once I have a date for surgery, and blog my progress from there. I'm very excited about getting a new Maverick disc!!
Surgery 28 Oct 2011 - L5-S1 artificial disc - A-Mav.