View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 11:06 AM

Hey Guys, I'm not sure how to approach the next step in the process of trying to get the ADR surgery. The surgeon who did my last two operations agreed that I am a good canidate for an ADR. He said that there is a doctor Hynes in Melbourne, Florida (which is a few hours away from me) who does the procedure. One of my concerns is how many of these type surgeries has he done? Do I just call and flat out ask him how many and what the positive vs. negative outcomes were? Also, I have been looking into the Maverick ADR, but I don't know if it has been approved yet, and if any of you have information about it? I'm still confused about the advantages and disadvantages of the Charte, ProDisc, Kinflex....Any ideas or info? Another thing is does anyone know how this whole process works when it is a work comp situation? Am I allowed to choose my doctor. If I had my choice, I would probably go to Dr. B in Germany or to Dr. Zigler at the Texas Back Institute. I know that they have a ton of experience. I just pray that I don't have to go to any ol' doctor that work comp tells me to, whether they have a lot of ADRs under their belt or not. PLEASE give me some feedback when you get the chance. I need to make figure this out soon. I can't take the pain any longer and I really, really need to get back to work.
Cathy
*Curr