View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 03:16 PM

Frank, you should be a motivational speaker. I am so out of shape that when I go on a walk of about 20-30 minutes I am completely gassed. I start feeling the low back and exhaustion at the same time. I have a feeling I'm going to need your pep talks post-op in a big way.

Dr Zeegers just called me: We talked about this very subject. He was talking about how many people (and I think he hinted that sometimes it genetics related) experience very bad lumbar pain at some point in their life. Depending on how severe it is, many people can tolerate it as their body adjusts to the degeneration and they get to a point where it just ends. He said this cycle could last up to 10 years but it varies. So I guess theoretically I could wait it out but it's impossible to know if I would get there in 2 more years or 5 or 6. He also talked about the cycles within this period in which you can have peaks and valleys. I distinctly remember last year at this exact same time I was just like this (feeling like it was improving) only to be back down by June and in Hell by November.
Un-diagnosed til 09. (Cannot sit)
Low back pain mild until 2011 - pull started a generator from knees.
rhizotomy Nov 2011 - zilch
Facet joint inj. 18 mo. (no impact)
Can only stand/walk for approx. 30 min
21 hrs/day in bed
L3-5 Activ-Ls (April 2014) Dr Zeegers - walk every day, swim 3 x week. Pain free, no pain meds. Extremely pleased with my decision

Last edited by henry4956; 04-03-2014 at 03:41 PM. Reason: added comment