View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 05:34 AM

Default Tomas L4L5 and LS1

Hello!
My name is Tomas and after ski fall I found out that I have badly damaged L4L5 and L5S1 disc. They lost quite lot of original height and suffer severe DDD. Of course both have herniations. My life of course changed radically. I joined this forum with hope to help me with decisions. I already was thinking about 2 level ADR 3 years ago but changed mind but now situation worsen and Im back here. I have big concern about my facets I have moderate artritis on some of them at least this is why Dr Zeegers refused me 3 years ago and also surgeon in Czech republic did nor recommend ADR because of that. On other end Prof Bertagnoli and Dr. Biersted are opposing this opinion and recommend 2 level ADR. So where is the truth, how is possible to have totally different opinions? I feel I need to ask other doctors to have more opinions I guess but who? I already have date for discectomy which is probably not good solution lasting forever. Dr. Bierstedt thinks its not good idea because it will speed up progress of degeneration.