View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 01:50 PM

Question What about the "Hybrid"????????

I have this appointment in a couple of days. If I can't have the bi-level ADR surgery which I am convinced is my best choice, in reading some of the post-op ADR results it seems to me that a hybrid isn't such a bad choice: Fusion at L5/S1 and ADR at L4/L5.

I know that surgeons and or spine experts are not those who are posting on the boards, but it appears that fusion doesn't sound so bad of an option at L5/S1 even on someone with DDD. I see several mentions of this area not having much movement and having the most bone to fuse to. The L4/L5 seems in my case to be the one which I don't want to create the domino-effect of issues continuing up my spine. I already show signs of future trouble headed in that direction, but I have got to do something now.

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice on this? Any obvious flaws in my thoughts? Anyone have a successful or unsuccessful Hybrid surgery?
2008-Positive Disco (L4/L5&L5/S1 annular tears)
Herniated discs at L4/L5/S1, bulging T12
Began constant/severe neck & upper back pain 11/09
Jan 10-Cervical/Thoracic MRI:bone spurs+new disc probs
Cervical Spine issues causing terrible pain beginning in July 2021 - scheduled for 2 level C-Spine ADR on Oct 19th 2021 now!! Part of Clinical Trial so unsure if Mobi-C or Baguera C will be implanted ....