View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 02:13 PM

Default Thanks Harrison ...

Thank you for posting, Harrison. I only wish my appointment was more exciting than a horrible, near-unbearable car ride to have some more x-rays taken and being told that we'll need to set-up yet another MRI. Apparently some medical insurance carriers are now requiring PT before an MRI can be performed according to Dr. Yue. He wrote me an Rx for 4 weeks of PT 4 times a week! I asked him if he'd lost his mind. I've tried PT at various offices at least 10 times. I cannot even move without pain and frequent sciatic spasm full-time for the last month.

In any event, I guess I won't be able to hear anything or asking any questions until that MRI has been scheduled, and the results are reviewed.

I have seen 5 different neurosurgeons in the past regarding my issues. All but one felt that anything less than the bi-level ADR was not in my best interest going forward. I have waited for about 3 and 1/2 years hoping the procedure would be approved and covered by my insurance.

I have often been told by all of the various doctors who I've seen since I was 18 years old regarding my back issues that I would know "when it was time" to have a surgical procedure to correct my problems. The time has come. If I cannot have the bi-level ADR, the Hybrid seems to be the runner up because otherwise I am going to beg for a bi-level fusion. The pain is just too much.

Thanks again. Unfortunately all I can do is wait once again.....
2008-Positive Disco (L4/L5&L5/S1 annular tears)
Herniated discs at L4/L5/S1, bulging T12
Began constant/severe neck & upper back pain 11/09
Jan 10-Cervical/Thoracic MRI:bone spurs+new disc probs
Cervical Spine issues causing terrible pain beginning in July 2021 - scheduled for 2 level C-Spine ADR on Oct 19th 2021 now!! Part of Clinical Trial so unsure if Mobi-C or Baguera C will be implanted ....