View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 04:40 PM

Sandra D, I agree with you wholeheartedly about the back taking over your life. I too struggle with the pride thing and try my best not to complain, or show how much pain I am in. I have to take pain meds on a daily basis, and can hardly walk in the am when I get out of bed. My husband is really the only one who sees the full scope of pain that I am in. I used to be a social drinker, which I no longer drink due to the pain meds, and have had many friends tell me that I am not the same person anymore...they always say because of the pain I am in, but I don't think they truly understand the pain that I go through on a daily basis, and I do not fully understand what they mean by I am not the same person. I try very hard to stay as close to the same person as I was prior to these back problems, but the pain does rob you of your real life. Friends and family are always telling me that it seems like I am better, but they have no idea that all of the pain is still there, but just being masked by pain meds and my strong desire not to be a whiner! I guess no one will quite get it why we are not the same people, and why we don't want to socialize or why we spend so much time laying low except those that are going through the same ordeal! Best of luck to all in your individual journeys to a pain free life!
PT, Traction, MRIs, CT Scan, Epidural Injections, Discogram
Herniated disc at L4-L5, spinal stenosis
Slight DDD and bulging discs at T6-8
Surgery June 12, 2009 - Scheduled for ADR, ended up with Fusion