View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynlite View Post
I can't go out of state because I have a Medicare HMO. They told me if I do go out of state, I would have to get prior authorization and prove medical necessity. They are going to point me right back to my area and fusion. I would bet on that! My other choice would be to wait until January and go on straight Medicare where I'm responsible for 20%. I'll have to look into that again but, I remember thinking that was a dead end a month ago.

There are surgeons doing ADR in Arizona. I have found several that use the Prodisc-C LOL! We don't need to talk about that disc again. I laugh because I feel like I'm chasing my tail like my Labrador puppy. I keep running in circles finding the same ole same ole. Hopefully, I'll get in to see the surgeon at Barrow that trains the other surgeons on the Mobi-C device. I have no idea how much surgery experience he has with it but, he gets decent reviews. I'm pretty sure he's not at the same level as Dr. Pettine or the three surgeons in Europe. I doubt it or I'd be reading about it. There are possibly a few out of network but, what's the point. I might as well go to Europe I'm just trying to exhaust all options first and I want to see a Mobi-C doctor locally just to get his opinion. I have spent so many years lining up care for my Mom and Dad who had excellent insurance that paid 100%, that I'm used to finding the "rock star" surgeons and doctors. You know them when you meet them! I'm looking for a rock star in my stupid HMO and I can't find one
I will contact Phil and see why he didn't want anyone from Arizona doing his surgery. Most likely due to the Pro-disc. I'll try to get a hold of him and let you know!
Mar 2014 - MRI of Cervical and Lumbar, protruding disc in C3-7, Herniated Disc in L5/S1, placed on STD and FMLA )
July 2014 - Stem Cell Procedure performed
Oct 20, 2014 - ADR (MOBI-C) at C5-7 and Anterior Fusion at L5/S1 by Dr. Pettine and Dr. Techy