Thread: m6-L questions
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icanraceit View Post
Hey guys. I have posted a couple threads in regards to my situation and a lot of people recommend the m6 and overseas surgery vs pro disc U.S. Surgery. I need a l5 s1 ADR and am looking for recommendations. So please feel free to tell me about your doctor and why I should consider them. Thanks and god bless!!!
I really feel for you with regard to finding a surgeon. All of us who have had successful out comes will have nothing but pure gratitude for our surgeon. I'm sure the particular replacement disc will contribute hugely to the successful out come of the operation. Having said that without the skill of the surgeon whatever the disc there could be problems. I guess I'm saying right disc right surgeon.

I was offered the M6L disc replacement for L5S1 and it took me a little over a year to finally come to the decision to have the operation purely because I was in so much pain the thought of having the operation and it not be a success was almost a risk I didn't want to take (its hard to explain!!) I did do a fair bit of research on the M6 and I quickly came to the decision that it was the best disc on offer and also there was nothing likely to supersede it in the near future, as for the surgeon it honestly never occurred to me to look into others, to me he was so approachable and down to earth it really was instant trust, I had two spinal epidurals with him before I made the decision to have the op which only confirmed my trust in him. He had the ability to make me laugh when I felt like crying. He showed genuine compassion and passion from the start. He's simply a genuinely down to earth guy.

I do hope I haven't woffeled on to much!! But I really think if you can personally speak to the surgeons you will know right away which one is right for you.

Oh and my surgeon was Mr Chris Dare ( known as Lord Dare in my house) working in Southampton UK
Please do let me know if I can be of any more help
Mia
November 2011 L5/S1 Disc replaced with M6