View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 08:38 PM

Harrison, that failed Neodisc is indeed terrible. It does though have hallmarks of being caused by an infection, and may not have been a fault of the disc itself. I recall reading about the failure of a metal disc on this forum that failed in a similar way, where the bone rotted away and it was found to be caused by an infection of the surgical site with the Staph bacteria. Well the neodisc was withdrawn from the market and there will have been reasons. I regret suggesting the Neodisc for what it is worth because I failed to research the latest and Lauren deserves better than that half-heartedness. My point, or one of them was that there are discs that have a fixing which in Laurens case might give some peace of mind about the same thing not happening again.

Lauren I understand your decision. Your previous fusions have proven to have worked well and so every reason to expect a good fusion from the revision and of course there will be no concerns about anything slipping forward again. I wish you the very best and please be very careful. Sorry to have gummed up your thread with junk posts. Personally, I think after a fright like this I would take the fusion and never look back at ADR. You know I would rather my own L4-S1 had a solid fusion than these apparent mickey mouse M6's. I think about them every time I lift anything, including my kids which I wouldn't have to do if they were fused. Yeah way to go Lauren and best wishes for the surgery.