View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 08:24 PM

Wonderful! It was approved by the FDA in the U.S. last year but, just know that the surgeon is a really important part of the equation for the best outcome. If you don't want to go to Dr. Clavel in Barcelona, I would recommend that you contact the Texas Back Institute for an opinion when and if you decide to get surgery. They have several very experienced surgeons there who may be using the Activ L by now. I believe that Dr. Clavel moved on to the M6-L because it's a better disc in his opinion but, of course, in your case it may not be the best choice. You might want to send him your MRI's to get his opinion and/or talk to him because he really is that good and an amazing human being.

There may be some great ADR surgeons up in the New York area too, I just don't know them. Dr. Rew is a cervical ADR surgeon who has a very impressive resume in your area. Perhaps he or his office can recommend a surgeon in New York to you.

I cannot stress enough how important the surgeon is when considering this surgery. I spent months and months analyzing the data in the post surgery forum here. There are not many surgeons in the U.S. that have over 1000 ADR surgeries under their belts if any. I ended up going to Barcelona because surgeons in the U.S. couldn't handle my case. Experience really makes a huge difference.
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016