View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 01:42 PM

Default Pre-Dr. Bertagnoli, any other considerations?

I have been evaluated by Dr Bertagnoli. He recommends ADR for L5S1, with a discogram to go/nogo L45 and L34. Also ADR for C56 and C67. Cost for all 5 levels is $110K USD.

My concerns are as follows:

1. I'd much rather skip the discograms and commit to doing all 3 lumbar levels. Otherwise I have to go through all this 10 years from now and likely with a different doctor due to B's age.

2. I could probably save some money having the work done in the US, however I'm much more focused on outcome quality than cost. If the ADR devices covered in the US are less good, that's reason enough to go abroad, and I'd still be SOL on 2 of the levels on my lumbar.

3. Wiring a rental-house worth of money to an offshore account. How can I raise my comfort level that the guy on the other end won't just delete my contact info and buy nice things for his family?

4. For a 2nd option, I could also get evaluated by Dr Clavel, but it just seems like foot-dragging at this point. I don't have any concerns at all about Dr Bertagnoli.

Can someone just provide a little commentary if I'm missing anything important?

Much appreciated.

Sept 4th, 2019: Completed 3 level CP-ESP at C4 thru C7 with Dr. Biren Desai in Cologne, Germany

Scheduled for March 11, 2020: L3 thru S1 LP-ESP with Dr Clavel in Barcelona