View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Banned

Mark,
My discectomies were long ago, first one open surgery on L5S1 with good results in '89 and second one percutaneous discetomy in '92 with horrible life changing results.. constant burning from waist, thru buttocks and bilat down legs to feet for 5 years.. when that stopped the pain from DDD set in big time and by 1998 I was feeling pretty bad, only to retire from work at age 47 in year 2000 and start "heavy" pain meds in 2001.

In retrospect.. I wish I hadn't had the 2nd surgery but hey, hindsight is such an incredibly accurate thing..

I still had bulging discs after the 2nd surgery, and added on scar tissue at rt. S1 nerve root which has been blamed for a great deal of my pain (??) tho difficult to tell considering after 2 discograms I have at least 2 discs that are concordant for pain, and on first discogram L3 was included because of anular tear...

Can you wait for the Pro disc here? Can you go to Europe and have it done? Can you get by any longer like you are and still working??

The only thing I don't like about not being "virgin territory" at the time of your first surgery, whichever it might be, is the risk for scar tissue, and to further weaken the spine..

I really have no words of wisdom for you other than if you are in doubt, then think very carefully about how your proceed.. and continue to check out your options..