View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 02:37 PM

The answer to this question is very straight forward. After the Charitee ADR has been implanted, good practice expects the medical establishment where they had it implanted to check immediately prior to leaving hospital,that is usually two to three days after surgery. If movement has happened then it is quite easy to rectify this, with revision surgery. There is no easy way to realign the plates other than by surgery.

After six weeks bony growth has established itself round the prosthesis, again, at this time good practice by the medical profession is that x-rays again should be taken to establish that nothing has moved and the positioning is still good.

It is most unusual if the above is done for any problem to be seen with the plates at six weeks, or after six weeks. I have known people be in really bad car crashes at three months after ADR, and I'm sure there are plenty of people here who have had bad falls in skiing accidents, and there has been no movement of the prosthesis.

The pro disc of course is a totally different matter, and if that moves then there are extremely big problems. However, if good practice as above is done, then there should be no problems with that either.
Best,
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/