View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 03:50 PM

Mark,

Agree 100%. I would like to think that Prodisc + fusion would work just as well as Prodisc + Prodisc (or Activ-L + Activ-L, for sake of discussion), but I doubt that is true.

Obviously, I don't want to rush into any decision, but (also obviously) I am getting just as frustrated as most everyone else is here waiting for my "best" option.

Now that I have waited since October for Prodisc approval, I wish I could go back in time and just have scheduled Prodisc surgery with Dr. B.

That of course being impossible, I guess that my next best option is probably "wait more and see how long multi-level Prodisc approval takes and hope that the Activ-L study will still be multi-level as well."

I really had my hopes up that the immediate Prodisc approval would be for both single and multi-level, and it sucks being wrong

My next hope is that multi-level Prodisc approval will be in the next 6months to a year, which is of course, a huge guess / hypothetical estimate on my part...

[edit: In my particular case, I am realistically expecting my insurance company (UHC) to not cover multi-level Prodisc surgery anytime soon after multi-level Prodisc surgery approval. I am basically gambling on either multi-level Prodisc vs. Activ-L study, or Prodisc + fusion. I would love to be wrong about my insurance company, or have the ability/strength of character to go to Germany, but neither is true right now]

David