View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 05:17 PM

Happy New Year to all. Donating to help the cause is a wonderful idea. I know that I have benefitted from this forum and I'm more than happy to make a donation. I have learned from this site and by donating and keeping the forum running, other members and future ADR recipients will learn also. However I do not agree with "guilting" members into making donations. Many of the members that visit the forum have been out of work for several months and may not be able to make a donation. Let's not forget about the recession that is keeping the unemployment lines longer than they have been in years. Putting your name in green to shame other members is a shame in itself. Bringing guilt and shame to the less fortunate members will not send them to their couches to look for money to donate. It will send them away from the forum because it will be shameful knowing that everyone else knows that they did not make a donation. I've spent the last year visiting and posting to the forum and I know not everybody is in this to have their name in lights. Let's not lose sight on what this forum is about.