View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrigail View Post
Mike,

Are you having any side affects from the Gabapentin? I was on it for several months and it had me in a fog like state. It would take an hour in the morning for me to get out of bed and get my head in gear to start the day. My Physiatrist switched me to Lyrica and Cymbalta on lower doses in combination and the foggy/zombie feeling went away. The pain control wasn't quite as good buy I can get through a day of work without feeling like I'm in lala land.
Just a tip if you start feeling groggy.
Hi Adrigail, now that you mention it, I am a zombie in the morning until I get enough caffeine flowing in my veins! If I think about it, it might make me a bit giddy during the day.

I had to do battle with my insurance company in the past when the physiatrist prescribed Lyrica. I finally won but had to buy it through Medco. I felt that I had some weight gain so I stopped the Lyrica. I changed physiatrists as the first one was alway too hard to get an appointment with, and the new one suggested Neuronitin (Gabapentin).

So I do see some improvement, maybe I have some weight gain but I stopped going to the gym when're they have a medical scale, so it is only through observation. I was thinking of a combination ADR and liposuction! Just kidding. You see, the Gabapentin make me silly.

Did I answer your comments? By the way, who did your ADR at L4-5? Best regards, Mike
April 2011: 2 level laminotomy; L4/L4 & L5/S1
More PT, pain meds and injections.
...and 2014, still researching ADR.
February 2014: endoscopic foraminotomy, Dr Bitan

Last edited by MikeC; 02-21-2013 at 12:26 AM. Reason: I forgot a word!