View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 11:43 PM

Hi Everybody!

All is well, everything hurts EXCEPT my LB!!! :-) Darn glad I've been excercising.

I was a great trip, tho not nearly enough sleep. We only had two teams covering 50 miles of trail. Gave us about an hour of sleep every six hours. Not that I am complaining! Everytime we saw/talked w/racers... those folks are tough, most walked or trotted the whole 100 miles in the soft snow, carrying a backpack or pulling a sled with 40-50 lbs of survival gear. Brutal.

Most of the trail was too soft to ride bikes and only a couple of bikers had the stamina to push'm the whole way. The rest were flown out from various points along the route. There were no major injuries, couple of knees and some frostbitten toes.

The other trail team encountered a stubborn moose on the trail about 2am sun, right after my partner and I evacted two racers. Stopped the guys for 1.5 hours and charged'm twice. The area had 15 ft of snow and was in heavy forest so neither the moose or the riders could get off the trail. A very dangerous situation. They finally pushed the moose down the trail to a clearing where they could get around her. Fortunately all the racers had passed that point and we didn't have to deal with the moose again.

A day of rest and I'd be ready to go again! Well maybe two days rest :-)

Scott