Thread: Hiding Harrison
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Hey folks, sorry I�ve not been around as much. My new job is keeping me busy. And my shoulder(s) problem is making me mighty cranky.

Back in early December when I was more active with swimming & weights, I must have really torqued something badly. My symptoms have been muscular, nerve and circulation-related; my recent visits with the local sports docs only left me with more frustration and questions. The orthos at my local hospital have the attitude and bedside manner of...I better not say it. I'll just say that the 7 minute visits were a waste of my time. You've heard of speed dating? Well, how about the equivalent for diagnosing & treating patients?!

Any way, my pain is around both shoulders, but especially in the rotators cuffs (common with overhead motions like swimming). I was surprised when the doc advised against injections in the rotator cuff area � as I know many people that have these and they worked wonders. But I guess the cuff area is tricky and injections can contribute to other problems down the line.

If any of you beat cuff-related problems I am all ears! Any way, glad to see ya�ll helping one another out. Keep up the good work..we�ll see some of you May 1st in NYC.

Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate